Friday, June 6, 2014

Following Your Dreams: Christina Bianco, Diva Impressionist

Christina Bianco 
Diva Impressionist

One day while playing on the internet and updating my facebook page, a link popped up of Christina Bianco singing, “Total Eclipse of the Heart,” in a number of Diva voices. I have always loved impressions of celebrities, especially when they are good. Christina’s you tube video was so outstanding it went viral with over 6 million hits almost overnight! I was totally entertained and became an instant fan. Not since Marilyn Michaels was on the Ed Sullivan show many years ago, have I seen such a great female impersonator. I am happy to help promote her shows and spread the word so others can enjoy her wonderful talent.

Christina is a New Yorker born and raised, who has worked as an actress on Broadway. Christina is a talented singer in her own voice, but her versatility in being able to imitate virtually any Diva is astonishing. At last count I think I have heard her do 19 or so impressions.  The many divas she can do include: Judy Garland, Shakira, Cher, Barbra Streisand, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Liza Minelli and a fantasic Julie Andrews. I’m convinced she can do anyone. My personal favorite impression of hers is Celine Dion. Not only doe she have Celine’s accent and mannerisms down to a tee, but she is able to hit those diva notes flawlessly.

Christina has been working in the entertainment field a long time, When her video went viral it was a totally unexpected surprise to her. It was such a sensation that she ended up performing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show very soon after.  Christina performs in London quite often. Her fans there love her. Recently she appeared on The Queen Latifa show.

Christina keeps pursuing her dream wherever it takes her. The next time it takes her to New York City I will be sitting in the audience. She won me over with one video and I will post it below if you haven’t seen it. I think she is absolutely amazing and her kind of talent is something we don’t see any more in the entertainment industry.

You can follow Christina Bianco @XtinaBianco1 and check out her website for more information and upcoming shows http://www.christinabianco.com/index.html

Here is the youtube that went viral!

No comments: