Friday, August 17, 2012

Mob Wives Chicago: Fake Followers?...Say It Ain't So!

Christina Scoleri with Big T, a huge Mob Wives Chicago supporter & nice guy.
Am I the only one confused about Twitter fake followers?  *scratching head*  Several days ago Underboss suggested I check out a particular mob wife's account.  He noticed her numbers jumped from 5,000+ to over 23,000+.  My reaction was, "So, a lot of people like her."  He looked at me silently and appeared to be thinking, "Damn she's dumb."  He went on to question, "Don't you think it's odd she gained so many followers overnight."  I shrugged.  I can admit to being ignorant about many things.  I can equally admit to pretty much not caring.  I run the application he suggests for sh!ts & giggles.  My reaction is, "Damn!"  However, I still don't care beyond deciding to see how many fake followers I have.  I was at 7% fake & also 50% inactive.  Now I know why no one tweets me anymore besides Giana Volpe to tell me I'm obsessed with her & her classy mother Renee Fecarotta.
Giana Volpe's inflated sense of her importance in my life.

I guess the budding Einstein doesn't want people to watch Mob Wives Chicago or blog about it & it's cast.  I imagine she's still in a huff over our post regarding her devoted daddy, Ottavio Volpe.

Moving along, here's a shot of the results from Status People:


There is no way for me to know the accuracy of the Status People application.  However, it's mind boggling to know people can pay to fluff their Twitter follower numbers.  Is it really that serious?  I guess so.  I came across this interesting article written by Jim Dougherty with a detailed explanation.  For clarity, I'm not claiming Christina Scoleri of Mob Wives Chicago purchased fake followers.  I'm simply sharing the results of a particular Twitter application.

Back to Ms. Scoleri, recently she was gracious enough to post some Facebook activity in regards to our blog.
Someone mad?!
Shout out to Barbara, Deborah & Jennifer!  Our purpose is to blog about the shows we watch, cast members & the men behind the women.  You like or you don't like.  No one is pretending to deliver you flowers; stuffing silk flowers down your throat causing you to choke to death on your own blood if you don't read our site. I'm sure you are all members of MENSA.

I went over to my favorite site Stoopid Housewives & it seems a mob wife isn't the only one who seems to have fake followers.  We hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Picture credit: Christina Scoleri's Twitter Account & Status People


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised with the way some of the MW's went after the Ottavio article and the way shit's been hitting the fan on Twitter that it didn't cause the resurrection of the Twitter whale.

Chiara Soprano said...

Unbelievable! I don't know what the hell Christina is so mad about, hardly wrote anything about her except she flip flops on her friends, and says one thing and does another. As for Ottavio, I wouldn't have known he existed if not for Renee F and Giana. They put him in the story line, not me. Renee bad mouthed him, not me. I wrote about everyone else's father and husband so why shouldn't I write about him? I think they made a huge mistake going on a reality show. And Renee's twitter says "If you can't handle the truth stay the "F" home"? I think that's what she needs to do.

GREAT Blog MM!

Anonymous said...

Don't believe she bought any of her followers. Freedom of speech entitles u to ur opinion & me to mine. Yea they agreed to be on a show. If ur uncertain as to whether she bought followers, why post uncertainties?. Maybe you & this'underboss' should present some factual truth to blog readers. I guess if u had proof, my stance would be much different!!!

Mob Mistress said...

"Don't believe she bought any of her followers. Freedom of speech entitles u to ur opinion & me to mine. Yea they agreed to be on a show. If ur uncertain as to whether she bought followers, why post uncertainties?. Maybe you & this'underboss' should present some factual truth to blog readers. I guess if u had proof, my stance would be much different!!!"

You are free to believe there's a Tooth Fairy & Santa Claus if you like. Underboss noticed her followers increased to just shy of 18,000+ overnight. I can post whatever I like. I shared the results of a Twitter application, I even print screened it so people could see for themselves & come to their own conclusions. Maybe you should stop reading our site & find a scientific blog for your facts. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I checked my twitter. I have 50 followers ALL of which I know personally. That site told me I have 5% fake. I think its counting eggs as fake. Not sure I would trust that site as gospel.

Secondly, is that image not a screenshot of a private facebook group? You are posting names on your site for all the world to see? Not sure if that is legal, or ethical.

Mob Mistress said...

No one wrote the the Status People application was gospel. As a matter of fact I clearly wrote:

There is no way for me to know the accuracy of the Status People application.

Actually Christina Scoleri originally posted the screen shot of their Facebook activities on her public Twitter page. Therefore you can thank the Chicago mob wife for bringing their comments to my attention & all the world to see.

Anonymous said...

The gospel isn't fact by the way.
MM didn't write Christina brought followers.
Nothing on the internet is truly private.
People should be aware when they write garbage on FB, Twitter, MySpace and other social media they never know who is reading what.

Krystina said...

Interesting that you ran the numbers ONLY on Christina's account and not every other Mob Wives cast member on Twitter...and so shortly after her beef with your mediocre-at-best blog. Vindictive witch hunt, much?

Also, I noticed that my FRIEND is among those you insulted (and no, I was not SENT here; I visited on my accord), and she could out-MENSA you in a heartbeat. To single out FANS for supporting who is obviously your least favorite cast member, is just going too far. It's a cyber war that reaches far beyond the bounds of maturity.

Mob Mistress said...

Interesting you think you know what I did. You are dead wrong. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Chiara Soprano said...

The site may not be accurate but 82% is an awfully high number of fake accounts. I did it myself and go.t 16% fake accounts. I know that I have blocked many followers who appear out of nowhere trying to sell something or offer to get me followers. It happens on a daily basis. I didn't read anywhere where Mob Mistress said Christina bought followers, but a jump like that in conjunction with the 82% fake account, certainly is worthy of some speculation. At least, when we write, we don't threaten violence or bodily harm to anyone who disagrees, like some people. We all have a right to our opinions and to express them.

Furthermore, nothing you write on the internet is private. If you don't want people referring to it or copying it, then don't put it out there. I have seen people make spectacles of themselves on Twitter and actually threaten people...very nice evidence in a court of law. They all need to think before they type and when they don't...DON'T KILL THE MESSENGER!

Chiara Soprano said...

P.S. You can even order them on Amazon LOL http://www.amazon.com/000-TWITTER-followers-Delivery-Days/dp/B007WAJGRE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_1

Nisha Keys said...

If you feel this blog is "mediocre at best" then why continue to visit it. I'm confused as to why ANYONE would visit a blog they dont like and then complain about what was written.

Anonymous said...

This might be the reason....
http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/alexis-bellino-i-never-paid-for-twitter-followers?nxa=blog:Exclusive:%20Caroline%20Manzo%20Talks%20About%20Her%20Upcoming%20Book

Susanna said...

You know what the FUNNIEST THING IS?

That Giana, Renee, Christina and Nora have a HUGE AMOUNT of FAKE followers. And a very SMALL amount of real ones.

So the good part is that all of the crap they've been tweeting about you and your blog, has fallen on deaf ears and fake eyes.

Chiara Soprano said...

Susanna that was a brilliant comment, lol, you gave me a much needed laugh today! Thank you!