Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mob Wives: Carmela's Take on Graziano Stuffed Peppas

One of my finished peppers up close!


Looks like "How to Use a Meat Cleaver" is getting a big response from Mob Wives fans. I've seen a few pictures of recipes that the fans have cooked up. I decided to give a few a try. The first one I tried is the "Stuffed Peppers." The recipe is outlined in the book.

The process is very easy. As the book explains, you brown the ground meat, set it aside. Saute the onions, garlic, fresh tomatoes & basil. Then the mixture is all combined adding back in the meat, the rice, grated cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese. Stuffed the peppers. Then you bake it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Here's my take


First you gather the ingredients

Then you brown the meat

Sautee the ingredients and stuff peppers

In Lana's method she says to drain the meat from the juices and set it aside. I decided to leave the fat in my mixture. I also brown the meat and added everything in my frying pan. I am one-step kinda gal. I then filled my peppers. I sat them in a shallow water bath. I found 20 minutes was not long enough to cook the thick peppers thoroughly so I cooked them covered for 1/2 an hour and uncovered for another 15 minutes. Below is the end result. They proved to be very tasty.

My finished peppers! Bon Appetite!


Go out and get your copy of How To Use A Meat Cleaver and give it a try...Have fun!

Written By: Carmela Corleone 

No comments: