Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Carmela's Food Blog: Chicken Marsala with Marcapone Cheese




My dad was the inventor of Marsala sauce. Well, not really, but I like to think so. He did many variations using Marsala wine, but when I saw it mixed with Marscapone cheese from Giada I thought well, let me give this a try. This dish is easy and only requires my cutting board of ingredients shown below. I like to measure everything out first because it makes the cooking process go smoothly.




You will need:
1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast cut into strips
Olive oil - enough to coat bottom of your saute pan nicely.
Butter - 3 tablespoons or so.
1 onion diced
1 package of sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 cup of Marsala wine
1 cup Marscapone cheese
8 ounces of cooked pasta, I used fettuccine noodles imported from Italy.

Salt & pepper your strips of chicken. Oil your frying pan and saute the strips of chicken on both sides- maybe 3 minutes each side. Take the chicken out and set in a plate.

Leave the oil in the pan and melt the butter. Add the onions, garlic and sliced mushrooms. Saute them for about 15 minutes. The water from the mushrooms will evaporate. Add the Marsala wine to de-glaze the pan and simmer for about 5 minutes. The wine will cook down to maybe half. Add in the Marscapone cheese and mix well by stirring it together so it's combined.  The Marscapone will fold in like silk. Add the chicken strips back in with whatever juices that  are on the plate. Simmer till chicken is cooked and sauce thickens. Maybe about 4 minutes. Serve over cooked fettuccine noodles.

I hope you enjoy this twist added to the traditional Chicken Marsala recipe.

Please follow me on twitter @carmelacorleone 

No comments: