Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Carmela's Food Blog: Mozzarella & Tomatoes in Love

A simple, but delicious Valentine's Appetizer!


I hope you have enjoyed that last 2 blogs I posted. I have one last idea that is simple and rather cute.

How about some tomatoes and mozzarella, but with a little love twist?

Arrange slices of tomatoes and mozzarella on plate. Salt both lightly. Cut a heart shape out of one of the mozzarella pieces and place on top. Garnish with basil. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I hope your special Valentine will be appreciative of this little love token of food.

 ♥ Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! ♥

Carmela Corleone
Please follow me on twitter @carmelacorleone

Can you add your own creative twist? I would love to see it and pictures welcomed!


P.S. Check out my other Valentine's Day Menu Recipes for a complete meal!

Pasta Entree: http://www.mobwives.blogspot.com/2013/02/carmelas-food-blog-lovers-pasta-for-two.html

Dessert: http://www.mobwives.blogspot.com/2013/02/carmelas-food-blog-zombies-valentine.html

1 comment:

Chiara Soprano said...

Carmela, I have made this before with a variation. On the sliced tomato and mozzarella I drizzle olive oil, salt, pepper, chopped basil and a little crushed garlic. I guess garlic is not good for Valentine's Day though LOL