Sunday, February 10, 2013

Carmela's Food Blog: "Zombies" Valentine Dessert

Finished Zombies! 
A marriage between chocolate chip cookies & brownies!


I came across a photo of these “Zombies” on a tweet posted by one of our bloggers, Jane Springfield. They are a marriage between a chocolate chip cookie and a brownie. I tested the proportions first and I came up with a fail safe way to make these easy and quickly. I don't know anyone who isn't a fan of brownies or chocolate chip cookies, so these are definitely a sure way to your lover’s heart. These cookie cups, that I have appropriately named Zombies, are sure to be a favorite. The name Zombies was taken from Jane and since I added nuts to the recipe, the name Zombies stuck well.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
This recipe will make exactly 2 muffin pans (24 Zombies)

Brownie portion:
Make any favorite brownie mix.  Spray your muffin pan generously with pam and divide the brownie batter equally into the 24 muffin spots.

Toasted Walnuts:
In frying pan (sprayed with pam)  or in a  toaster oven; add 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts and toast. Set aside.


Toasted walnuts


Chocolate Chip Cookie:
You can use any  pre-made chocolate cookie dough,  but I have an easy recipe for homemade cookies:
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of butter softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup of chocolate chips

Mix flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside. In another bowl, beat together the soft butter, egg, both sugars and vanilla till combined and creamy.  Gradually add the flour mixture and beat together. Add in the chocolate chips and stir.

Form into flattened cookies covering 1 side of the cookies with the toasted nuts. Place the cookie - toasted nut side down -on top of the brownie mix in the muffin pan.

Cookie over brownie


Bake for 25 minutes @ 350 degrees. After cooled they will pop right out. Serve for Valentine's Day or make them for yourself to eat during Mob Wives. Mob Wives will air at it's new time tonight: 10PM ET/9C!

Follow me on Twitter @CarmelaCorleone and let me know how your Zombies came out!

3 comments:

Mob Mistress said...

Thank you so much Carmela! My kids love to cook & bake. I am going to make Zombies with them nice weekend. I'll let you know how much fun we have.

By the way, I love what you and Jane bring to the blog. You are both very much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

LOVE them!!!!! Seriously, these are just naughty. Damn Pinterest lol

Carmela Corleone said...

Thanks MM! So easy- have fun!!