Friday, February 1, 2013

Carmela’s Food Blog: Stuffed Mushroom Recipe

Finished Mushrooms, delicioso


Last weeks episode of Mob Wives showed us some of the casts’ colorful personalities. I, myself, am happy with Drita's new un-confrontational attitude. I am hoping Lee will become the father Drita is hoping he will be to their girls. She was very close to her father and wants her children to have a close relationship with Lee. On the flip side, some of our Mob Wives are slightly full of themselves. I mean like really stuffed over the top. So I couldn't help it, but I got inspired to make Stuffed Mushrooms. These take time, but they are really easy to accomplish, and well worth it. I hope you enjoy them!

Stuffed Mushrooms - with sausage- or without works too.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Approximately 50 mushrooms White cap or Baby Bella's

Rinse mushrooms and make sure they are free of all dirt and debris.
Cut off the stems and scoop out the middle and save.  Place on lightly oiled baking sheet. If you are counting calories- spray baking sheet with pam.

Clean the mushrooms

Stuffing:
Dice the stems of the mushrooms in very small pieces
1 onion diced
3/4 cups of bread crumbs
1/4 cup of grated cheese
8 ounces (1/2 pound) sausage without the casing - if you are watching calories- turkey sausage links work well
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 stick of melted butter


Cook your stuffing!

Prepare hot frying pan with olive oil on bottom. Throw in the diced mushroom stems and onion & chopped garlic. Sauté until onions are soft. Add the sausage- you want it to break up like chop meat. Brown the sausage. Add the breadcrumbs, the grated cheese and then the olive oil. Mix well all together. Remove from heat. When the stuffing isn't too hot for you to handle, stuff the mushroom caps.
Pour the melted butter over the caps.

Fill your tray and bake!


Place in oven and bake @ 400 degrees for approximately  45 minutes.

Flavorful and delicious!

If you make them please send me your pictures or comments!

Follow me on twitter @carmelacorleone aka  #mobchef

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look so yummy and reminds me of my mother making stuffed mushrooms.

Zia Best said...

I can't wait to get back from my cruise to make these!!! Love myself a yummy stuffed mushroom. Mmm Mmm good, Campbell Soup Company won't mind if i use that right? lol

Be blessed
zb