Sunday, July 8, 2012

Big Ang: Meet Frank Russo, Bartender at Drunken Monkey

Frank Russo, bartender and cast member.

We all know the “Big Ang” show is premiering tonight at 9:00 pm on VH1 following the  Mob Wives Chicago. I’m not the only one getting ready for this night, but the cast from the Big Ang show are also preparing themselves for the red carpet in Manhattan. I got the chance to meet with Frank Russo, one of the bartenders at the Monkey and asked him a few questions. 

Hi Frank, so nice to meet you! Thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions.
Oh, no problem, I was looking forward to it. 

First of all, I must ask your age.
25

I guess there goes my crush because I set the age limit from the age of my nephew, who is 28.  Where did you grow up? 
Right here on  Staten Island. 



How long have you worked at the Drunken Monkey? 
Since I was 21. I was off and on for a short time but then I returned. 

How did you learn to bar tend? 
Big Ang taught me everything I know. I came here as a kid and she taught me how to bartend. 

Explain what Big Ang means to you? 
Ah...shes like a mom, sister, friend and of course a boss. But not really like a boss. 

Besides bar tending a few days a week, what else do you do and what are your other interests? 
I am part-owner and trainer at Dolphin Fitness on Forest Avenue, right here on Staten Island.  When I am not working, and have time off, I like to spend it with my friends relaxing.

Speaking of friends, I know Anthony is also a bartender here at the Monkey, what's your relationship with him? 
Anthony is like a mentor to me and we became very good friends. 

Tell me a little bit about your personality and what you like about it. 
I like that I have the  ability to work well with people. I am very sociable and people are drawn to me. I can easily build relationships with them. 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now? 
Definitely in business. I have some goals, whether it be in a gym or another business but def in business. 

Besides Big Ang what other mob wives are you closest to? 
Renee, she comes in here and also Jenn, who isn' t really a mob wife, but the great mind behind the show. We have gotten very close since the connection to the show

Do you watch Mob Wives Chicago? 
Yes, of course! 

Do you like it? 
Yeah! 

Are you dating? 
Nope, I'm single. 

Well thank you so much Frank. I look forward to watching you on Sunday nights. 
Yeah,  thank you and don't forget to send me the links to the blog! 

That concluded  my interview with Frank. 

Renovated Drunken Monkey!

If you would like to meet Frank Russo, he tends bar on Wednesday and Friday nights at the Drunken Monkey. I did stay of course, and mingled with Big Ang and her brother, Steve, along with his wife, Maria. They are very warm people and we had a few laughs. There were a lot of family members there, but I would need to do a  family tree to put it all together. The Drunken Monkey is a meeting place for not only the reality stars and their families, but they welcome the locals and of course fans, who make a trip in to see them. The bar has been recently renovated and has a sleek look to it. Each of the lamps are different and ornate and provide warm lighting.  Behind the bar are Miami blocks, lit with a nice touch of  blue lighting. The bar has a DJ and a dance floor to make everyone happy. There's also a photo machine, where you can take your picture and have it personalized with a Drunken Monkey logo. Just across the street from the bar, is the now famous Big Ang mural, which I have been told is in every borough. Good Luck to Big Ang, her cast and her family. 



Written By: Carmela Corleone

Remember to watch the Big Ang Show tonight and come back tomorrow for my recap!
Please follow me on twitter @carmelacorleone 


Picture Credit: Carmela Corleone

1 comment:

Deana3452 said...

I had the great pleasure of finally going to the Drunken Monkey...I got to watch the Mob Wives Season Finale there...it was a trip my mom and I took to New York for Mother's Day! Anyway, we had to go there since we were in New York and even though it was a Sunday, Frank was there and let me tell you....he was SO nice and gracious. Someone who is that easy on the eyes (lol) can easily be egotistical but he is anything but! He was so welcoming and friendly! Unfortunately, Big Ang wasn't there that night...but Frank made up for it! :)